Architectural Control Committee
Under the Richwoods documents, the Architectural Review Committee is appointed by the board to review exterior improvements by property owners. The committee receives applications and support material for review and renders an approval or denial based on what is submitted.
To submit a request, download and complete the ACC Application Form. Compile the needed support materials and scan the application and the materials as single PDF. We suggest you review the Frequently Asked ACC Questions before submitting. When you are ready, go to the Architectural Online Submittal.
The committee has thirty days to render a decision. If more materials are needed in order to render a decision, the thirty days is extended.
Common Support Material Needed
- A copy of your survey plat with the project(s) marked in the exact location intended. The survey can be found in your closing documents. This is required for every request except for roof changes and solar panels.
- A drawing of the project with dimensions. Structures must include elevation drawings. Solar panel requests must have a roof layout.
- A contractor's proposal that includes a list of materials to be used.
- Requests for landscape borders, similar to another border already existing in Richwoods, may submit a photo instead of drawings.
- Any structure in the backyard, and above the fence, is against the Richwoods documents. You are requesting a variance. Therefore, you need neighbor approval from any property touching your property line (sides and back). Your signature page must show they have reviewed your entire request and are aware of the dimensions and materials of the project. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>